You will need:
5 carrots, chopped
1.5kg potatoes, chopped
250g cheese (or vegan alternative), grated
3 tbsp natural soya yoghurt (I like to make my own but today I used a store-bought version)
2 medium, ripe tomatoes, sliced
1. In a large saucepan, place the carrots and potato. Cover with water.
2. Bring to the boil and cook until tender.
3. Remove from the heat and drain, retaining the liquid.
4. Add 2/3 of the cheese along with the yoghurt and enough of the drained water to mash.
5. Using a potato masher, mash until soft and creamy.
6. Place into a casserole dish and arrange the tomato slices on the top.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
8. Place under a grill until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes have softened.
9. Serve immediately with a green salad.