I found some asparagus in the reduced section of the supermarket and came up with this very tasty soup. Tis the season for asparagus, so I like to make the most of it.
You will need:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
200g silken tofu
680g asparagus spears
2 onions, chopped
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 tsp garlic powder
250ml white wine
1 handful fresh rosemary, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until waxy.
2. Snap off the bottom of the asparagus spears, discard (or save to make homemade vegetable stock) and chop the remaining spears.
3. Add asparagus to the pan along with all the remaining ingredients, except the tofu.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for thirty minutes or so.
5. Spoon the soup into a blender with the tofu and whizz until it is smooth.
6. Serve with fresh, homemade bread.
Spoonie friendly tip: I use the food processor with the chopping blade attached to save energy and time when chopping veggies.